Friday, April 29, 2011

Adventures

Today we spent the work portion of our day in the trees. Literally. We helped Jen and our friend David put the ropes course back together for the summer camping season. The biggest part of the day was putting the cargo net up. It's home is between two trees spanning about 15 feet (give or take). First we had to get it up then sprawl it between the two trees so we could wrap rope around the sides to anchor it to the support beams. It was a lot of work but a lot of fun. At one point I even took my job (Office Intern) to the extreme when I had to answer the satellite phone I was carrying while crossing one of the wires. I was laughing so hard I had a hard time getting out "Malibu, the is Stacy speaking. How can I help you?". Try answering a phone professionally while holding on to dear life with one hand on wobbling wire and the other on a the most expensive phone you have ever held. Haha it was quite funny.

During the day we heard a huge rock slide that sounded that it was near by. So after work we were determined to find it. We left the four of us plus James to check it out. Then the plan was to continue you on to Squawka River. Just as a fun adventure. As we were getting to the dock we were going to hike from the boat started dying. We made it to the dock but by then it was done for. So we hiked any way but no rock slide was found. But we did enjoy a beautiful hike on a pretty spectacular evening (weather wise). I am now back at the house and they guys went back with another boat to rescue the other one. The rest of the night will be spent playing Carcassonne with Jen and David who are both Carcassonne virgins. All together its been a pretty great day. I am bummed though that I left my camera at home. It would have made for some fun shots. Tomorrow, I will make sure to have it on me, because with the four of us adventures are bound to happen! Hope you all are having a great night as well! :)

**Found these online they are of the ropes course we were on today.**



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...