Monday, April 18, 2011

Where do I start?

So much has happened since my last post so I will try and update as much as I can. First I guess I will do some introductions. I wish I had pictures but sadly I don't, yet. :)

Gill and Linda - Gill is the sites and Facility's Manager while Linda is the Housekeeping Supervisor. They are one of the few staff that are here year around. They are a great couple who are full of stories and laughs. We have been really enjoying their company. They have been here for 8 years.

Sharon - Sharon is the Chef  here and a pretty amazing one. I have been so blessed to enjoy her cooking and she does the dishes for us. I feel spoiled! She is also quite the story teller.There are times after a meal we will just sit at the table for what seems like hours listening to her stories. She has been on staff for 14 years.

Harold and Terri - Harold is the Property Manager and Terri is the Retail Supervisor. They recently got to camp and for the most part come back and forth between Vancouver where they have a home and here when needed. They will both act as my supervisors and mentors. They are a great couple that I look forward to getting to know better. They also have been here for 14 years.

Jen - Jen is the Guest Service Coordinator and the only American on staff. I officially met her two days ago and it already feels like I have known her for years! She lives in Washington and commutes back and forth similar to Harold and Terri. This will be her first summer on staff.

James - James is an Intern with us and will be working Maintenance. He is the only intern up here with us so far and came up the same day as us. He is a Canadian and the only Canadian intern for the summer.

Yesterday we added about 40+ people to camp for Tool and Tackle. It is a camp that people come up to volunteer to get camp ready for summer and then get some fishing in afterwards. I will be leading worship along with Jen and doing other various tasks. Like today for instance Nick and I helped Jen get the waterfront ready. Getting life jackets out and sized. kayaks, the blob and other various water things.

Up until today it has been pretty cold and because of that I think I have drank my body weight in hot chocolate. I am looking forward to warmer weather and today was a great sneak peak of whats to come.

I was really hoping to have taken some pictures but we have been working non stop. So no pictures today but I promise soon! Hope you have enjoyed this brief look into our lives today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...