Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Insecurity and Fear - Story of my Life

I love having this blog. But can I be honest here for second? Sometimes I get so overwhelmed I don't know where to start so I don't start at all. And sometimes after I have browsed some of my favorite blogs (Mama Loves Papa, Bower Power, and The Accidental Traveler) I get down on myself because I think I am not as funny, creative, well spoken, you name it I have thought it. Every word I write I second guess and I will be honest, I sometimes try to be like everyone else. But you know what? I am not, and this doesn't just apply to blogging it bleeds into the rest of my life as well. I may not be the wittiest or the stylish or the best at anything. But I am learning to embrace who I am and not let my mind be invaded with thoughts of insecurity or insignificance.

I hate that I am this way but then I am reminded that I am made in God's image and He is perfect. Which makes me perfect. I have to believe that there is a purpose to why I am the way I am. And each day I am striving to learn more and more about how I can use what I perceive my faults to be, to glorify Him.

I really do love blogging. There are just sometimes bumps in the road that I have to have determination to get over.  Insecurity and Fear are some of them. So my goal for the next couple of weeks is to post. Anything, and everything, even if I think no one would care about it. Stay Tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...