Saturday, July 23, 2011

Full Speed Ahead!

I feel like I say it every summer, but yet again I cannot help but feel that it is flying by! We are already into session three of our summer here at camp. I thought I would take some time to give you some highlights. It is hard for me sometimes once a lot of time has passed to sit down and write it all down but if I focus on the highlights, I think I may find more success at actually getting a full blog post out. So here goes!


  • The Interns! There are 7 girls, Shawn (Retail), Kendra (Landscape), Emma (Harbor), Katie (Kitchen), Sarah (Kitchen), Ali (Housekeeping), Kelsey (Ropes) and 9 guys, Cody (Harbor), Kramer (Ropes), Cameron (Fix It), James (Fix It), Joel (Fix It), Brad (Fix It), Kent (Kitchen), Stephfan (Kitchen), Andrew (Ktichen). These people have become our family!
  • Intern Fun nights. So far we have played gym games, done a picture scavenger hunt with ski boats, played hockey with the folks from Beyond Malibu, kayaked to the middle of the inlet for a bonfire, and in one night we did the ropes course, the obstacle course, went down the zip line into the ocean then finished the night off in the pool then to the coffee shop for a late night Latte. Lets just say Intern fun nights have indeed been very FUN!
  • We have been blessed with being surrounded by some amazing people during every session. Including my summer staff from second session Chaniece who is staying on for third session. Long story short, I fell in love with this girl and she fit right into the office. So I started throwing the idea around that she should stay, never thinking she actually would be able to. Then a week ago I was informed that there was a spot open and that they would consider letting her stay. I fought hard, and I won! She is here still and I am loving it.
  • I am being incredibly fulfilled in the work that I am doing. My body has been doing great, and I think it is because I am not putting too much stress on it and I am doing something that gives me such joy. I continue waking up every morning so excited for the day! I even sneak in sometimes on my days off, I just can't help myself. :)
  • Last session I was able to  help lead Club Music for three of the four weeks. I had such and amazing time. It was so fun to be on stage and  belt out some Katy Perry, Kings of Leon, Adele and many more. In addition to that I have been able to lead worship a couple times for Intern Bible study and that as well has been an honor and a blessing. 
  • A day does not go by that I don't think how lucky we are to work in such a beautiful place. The beauty of the cascading mountains set against the ocean, where waterfalls run rampant. The joy of seeing seals never ceases. I smile every time I see one. 
  • Hamilton's! What would I do without you! Hamilton's is our coffee shop where I love to indulge myself in an Irish Cream Latte every once in a while.
  • Being asked for the millionth time. Where do you live? My response goes somewhat like this. "Well long story short I was born and raised in CA but then I moved to NY for 4 years then I got married and moved to OR for a year where our stuff is in storage, then we hung out in IN for 6 months and now we are here and we don't know yet, what exactly is next for us. So to answer your question technically our home is a storage unit!" I am getting a little tired of answering this question over and over and hope soon that I will have a place to call home and to refer to when asked that question.
  • Not having to do dishes! I miss cooking for myself but man I will never tire of having my dishes washed for me. 
  • Frisbee Golfing. My husband loves it, I stink at it, but I love to play it so I can hang out with him! I am pretty sure he is tired by now of telling me to "shoot low, bend your wrist down, release earlier!"
  • I have come to adore my early mornings. I am pretty sure I was a morning person when I was kid (like crack of dawn) but the older I got the later my mornings became till they were non existent. Now I look forward to that morning shower at 6:30 followed by coffee and some reading. Doesn't help that I have one spectacular view to enjoy. Especially on beautiful sunny mornings.
I hope you enjoyed a glimpse into my summer so far. A lot is happening in the lives of Nick and Stacy and I can't wait to share it all with you, but in due time. In the mean time I would ask that you would pray with us and for use. We are in the midst of job hunts as well as other things. Please pray that our will would align with God's will and that we can make the right decisions in where to move. Thank you for following my blog and taking the time out of your day to read about our lives and to stay connected with us!

PS
I have some sad news to report. :( I didn't know, but apparently I am not supposed to be uploading photos. So unfortunately I am going to have to wait till the end of summer to share all my photos that I will be taking with new camera! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...