Reasons Why I love Camp Life
- I love waking up in the morning to the smell of camp, and by that I mean the smell of trees, dirt and ocean!
- When all the campers are here and you can tell by the masses amount of towels hung out, it sends me to a place in my childhood where everything was so simple. All you worried about was if your bathing suit was going to be dry enough the next morning.
- The schedule. I like the fact that there is a sense of order to the day and it's predictable. But still having plenty of unpredictable moments thrown in there. I mean come one, we are dealing with High Schoolers! :)
- As much as I know I will dread the fact that we have the same meals every week by the end of the summer, right now I am relishing in the fact that I don't have to think about what to make when I am hungry or do dishes when I am done eating. It is fantastic!
- The people who are in camping ministry are probably some of the coolest peeps I know! They are amazing servants and I feel so lucky to get to be friends with them.
- No cell phones! Um, can I just say that a little over a year ago I would never have been so excited about this fact. But after being at the canyon I have seamlessly transitioned into the "happy without a phone club".
- Being surrounded by God. I know this may seem cliche but being surrounded by the massive mountains and the depths of the ocean is a constant reminder for me of God's greatness. Not only that but I love that being in a community like this serving God is the primary focus of everyone who enters.
- Living in a cabin. I love the smell and feel of our cabin. I feel so blessed to be living in place that is so foreign yet feels like home.
If someone would have told me 3 years ago that my life would go from this:
I would have never believed them. But I am thankful for my Sovereign Lord who once again proved to me that He knows me better than anyone. He continues to prepare the way for me to live a fulfilled life that I could have never dreamed for myself.